Current Transmissions:

20130820

Chakra Up


INT. ABANDONED HOUSE - TOP FLOOR - DAY
MAX is sitting on an old wooden chair with his hands behind him. In front of him THE FUTURE paces across the floor. The Future is clearly agitated.

THE FUTURE:
You know eventually I will have to kill you.

MAX:
I know you do.

THE FUTURE:
You seem pretty calm about it.

MAX:
Well, we all die sooner or later.

THE FUTURE:
You don't have to be smug about it.

MAX:
I am not as smug as I look. Can I ask you a favour before my life expires?

THE FUTURE:
That depends on what the favour is?

MAX:
Can I have a smoke?

The Future pauses and then reaches for a pack of smokes. As he opens one, the camera zooms in on the cigarettes and each cigarette has a miniature chakra engraved on them.

The Future pulls out one and puts it in Max's mouth and lights it. Max closes his eyes as he puffs on the cigarette. Letting the smoke down deep into his lungs, and then exhaling a purplish fog.

MAX:
Now that hits the spot.

THE FUTURE:
You know you are this close to dying.

MAX:
I have been this close for a long, long time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment